The revelation regarding Facebook, reported here and elsewhere, and a collection of bad actors consisting of Cambridge Analytica, Strategic Communication Laboratories aka SCL Elections and third party apps that use Facebook’s own API developed to collect and use your personal data has, hopefully, brought to light that you are the product that is being sold for their profit. Ad revenue alone for mostly Facebook and Twitter was estimated at $41 billion worldwide in 2017 and this does not include the lucrative repeated sales of your personal data through the so-called dark web, as reported here. The ad revenue alone amounts to some $6 per year for each of the 7 billion people on this planet. Continue reading
- Say No to Social Media
- Use *57 To Trace Spoofed Caller IDs
- Targeted Divisiveness
- Caught in Telemarketing Hell: 7 Tips On How To Deal With Nuisance Phone Calls
- Islam is in need of reform but who is going to do it?
- Stop Obama’s Give Away Of U.S. Control Over The Internet
- Saying A Final Goodbye To A Career
- Work At Home Online Shopping Scam – A Personal Journey
- Are You A Victim of UBE? – Unsolicited Bulk Email
- What Happened To Our Privacy?
- Murder in the Middle East
- Occupy Wall Street: The Crux of the Issue
- End All Foreign Aid Now
- For A Free Internet
- Lawbreakers May Be Getting A Free Pass
- Our Information Democracy and the Influence of Lobbies
- Mr. President, I Want My Country Back!
- 6 Thoughts on Preserving the American Way of Life
- Wall Street Reform: Part 2
- Some Other Agenda
Stories of Life in Virtual RealityIs the ability to become immortal by uploading the human mind prior to the death of the body into a computer going to be available in the near future? Will this become morally and ethically acceptable or even legal? What experiences do the immortals in the computer have and do they communicate with people on the outside?
Enjoy an introduction by reading a draft of the first chapter in my soon to be published first novel "Final Exit" at vrbob.wordpress.com