Targeted divisiveness primarily refers to the use of social media by an individual or organization, especially through the use of bots, to search through user posts and profiles looking for characteristics that can be used to target that individual with multiple messages to amplify a cause that would pit one group against another. This could correctly be called propaganda. The difference nowadays with social media is the ability to target specific individuals based on self revealed preferences. Ads on social media work in much the same way except they are focused on selling a product or service. Continue reading
- Drain the Swamp
- The Immigration Dilemma
- Thumbs at the Ready
- Say No to Social Media
- Use *57 To Trace Spoofed Caller IDs
- Targeted Divisiveness
- Caught in Telemarketing Hell: 7 Tips On How To Deal With Nuisance Phone Calls
- Islam is in need of reform but who is going to do it?
- Stop Obama’s Give Away Of U.S. Control Over The Internet
- Saying A Final Goodbye To A Career
- Work At Home Online Shopping Scam – A Personal Journey
- Are You A Victim of UBE? – Unsolicited Bulk Email
- What Happened To Our Privacy?
- Murder in the Middle East
- Occupy Wall Street: The Crux of the Issue
- End All Foreign Aid Now
- For A Free Internet
- Lawbreakers May Be Getting A Free Pass
- Our Information Democracy and the Influence of Lobbies
- Mr. President, I Want My Country Back!